14 Aug Finding the Perfect WordPress Care Plan
Website maintenance: the dreaded time-drain of every business owner. Sometimes people don’t even know that site maintenance is required when developing a website. Over time it leads to a site that’s not updated, backed up, or protected. And they may not realize they can utilize a WordPress Care Plan to take care of these things for them.
On the other hand, some business owners are excellent with keeping up with their site, but it takes them away from the day-to-day of running an actual business. A WordPress site is fairly intuitive, but it still takes time to make it function properly and look great. That’s why a WordPress care plan is necessary for you to get the job done right and get back to bringing in customers for your business.
A WordPress care plan opens up opportunities.
You gain opportunities for marketing your business. It can increase opportunities to communicate with customers. You receive an opportunity to have a beautiful, secure, and updated site, all run by a professional.
What to Look For in a WordPress Website Care Plan
Not all WordPress care plans are equal. Sometimes you hire a friend’s friend to manage the site for you, but there’s no guarantee that they’ll be around in a few years. Sometimes you find a development company only to realize that they don’t respond to your calls or they’re not keeping up with regular software updates. Horror stories abound in the website design and development world, so it’s essential to partner with a reputable company that keeps in contact with you and outlines a detailed plan for how they’re going to manage your website.
So, what should you look for in the perfect WordPress care plan?
- Regular Software Updates – This involves updating your WordPress software and the plugins you have installed. Software updates are necessary to patch security holes found in WordPress and your plugins.
- Backups – A happy website owner is one who knows that they can restore the website if something goes terribly wrong. The last thing you want is your website to crash and you have no way to bring it back. Daily or weekly backups are ideal for keeping that peace of mind.
- Security – It doesn’t matter how big or small your website is–hackers are going to try to take advantage of your site. A quality WordPress care plan includes regular security scans to see if anything funny is going on.
- Uptime Monitoring – Without a WordPress care plan, there’s a good chance your website will randomly go down at times and you don’t know about it. This is a huge problem since you might be sleeping and losing money because the website crashes for a few hours.
- Performance/Speed Testing/Monitoring – Speed and performance tests ensure that the site is loading quickly and properly. With a WordPress care plan, this is all done for you, so you don’t have to keep visiting your website and testing it out yourself.
- Training – It’s your site, so we assume you’ll want to handle things like orders, messages, and comments. That’s why a great WordPress care plan provides detailed WordPress training videos so the owner of the website knows where to go in the dashboard.
- Site Specific Support – Running a more niche site like an eCommerce or membership site requires even more attention. You’ll want to ensure that your site maintenance team is well-versed in whatever type of specific site you’re running.
- Support Time/Tasks – Make sure you have dedicated support time to resolve your issues.
- Responsive Support – Will your webmaster quickly respond to your emails?
- Reporting – It’s great seeing a monthly report from your developer to understand all of the measures taken each month.
Questions to Ask
If all of the above requirements are met, then look at the terms of the plans and ask these questions:
- Are there any contracts? Avoid all long-term contracts. You should have the option to get out of your WordPress care plan at any time.
- Can I upgrade or downgrade? Sometimes you realize you need more support or you’re paying too much.
- Can I request one-off projects? It’s nice to have a developer who will complete some web design or graphic design work for you on the side.
- What happens if you quit the WordPress care plan? This is an extremely important question, since you want to ensure you have full control of your website. Sometimes a developer will be hard to contact afterward or they make it difficult to gain access back to your site.
Your Next Steps
At some point, it becomes clear how important WordPress site management really is. From backing up your website files to running security checks, the whole process is critical to your site’s health.
Johnny Flash Productions offers all of the services you need for the ideal WordPress care plan. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us to see which care plan is right for you.
Just ask some of our current clients:
“Johnny Flash Productions provided skillful, professional insights and creative touches to our website, making it attractive, adaptable, and professional in appearance. Their ongoing analytical and maintenance services are superlative as well. We highly recommend them.”
– Jim Hall, Way of Faith Ministries (mywof.org)
“Exceeded all expectations in their abilities to professionally evaluate and customize our company website. Above all else, their customer service is the best I’ve dealt with in a long time with any company I’ve worked with in the past. I definitely recommend Johnny Flash Productions to anyone looking for exceptional service, professional detail and customer support for their websites.”
– Luke Gibbons, Ohana Equestrian Preserve (virigniahorseback.com)
Please check out our website care plan features and pricing. We’re confident we can provide the best services for keeping your site in tip-top shape and helping you reach your business goals. Oh yeah, and being on our care plan means we’re always available to answer your questions and requests. We look forward to working with you!